Advt. No. 54/2008 Closing date: 05.08.2008
SATLUJ JAL VIDYUT NIGAM LIMITED, (A Joint Venture of Govt. of India & Govt. of Himachal Pradesh), a Mini Ratna Public Sector Undertaking, after successful commissioning of the country’s largest 1500 MW Nathpa Jhakri Hydro Power Station in Himachal Pradesh is emerging as a multi-unit 4500 MW company with 412 MW Rampur, 775 MW Luhri , 1020 MW Khab on river Satluj in HP, 353 MW in Uttrakhand and 402 MW Arun-III Hydro Power Projects in Nepal. We are looking for energetic and promising professionals for the posts of GENERAL MANAGERs (CIVIL).
NO. OF POSTS: 02 (GEN-1 & OBC-1)
QUALIFICATION: Full time Degree in Civil Engineering.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT: Minimum 23 years of post qualification executive experience in the relevant/ related field out of which minimum of 2 years of experience in the immediate lower IDA scale of Rs. 19,500-25,600/- or equivalent CDA scale.
EXPERIENCE PROFILE: The incumbent should have experience in Civil Design, Construction Works related to Hydel Power Projects, such as, Tunnelling, Power House, Dam, Bridges and other related components. Besides, the incumbent should have thorough knowledge of awarding major Civil / other contracts, Customs & Excise and other related legal aspects.
EXPERIENCE PREFERENCE: The candidate should have minimum adequate experience mentioned above in multi-unit organisation of repute preferably in Hydro-electric Projects.
PAY SCALE: IDA Pay Scale of Rs. 20,500-670(2)-850-900-950-980(2)- 26,500/- (Due for upward revision w.e.f. 01.01.07)
Besides basic pay candidates will also be paid Industrial Dearness Allowance and Dearness Pay along with other benefits, such as CPF, LTC, liberal Medical facilities for self and family, Project Allowance, Special Compensatory Allowance, Newspaper Allowance, City Compensatory Allowance, Reimbursement of Conveyance Expenditure, Children Education Allowance, Liveries, HRA / Company leased Accommodation, Generation Incentive, Construction Incentive, Greenfield Allowance etc., as per the rules of the Nigam.
UPPER AGE LIMIT: 55 years as on 05.08.2008
1. All qualifications should be from Universities / Institutions recognized and approved by Govt. of India
2. The candidate should not have attained the upper age prescribed above as on the closing date.
3. Persons working under Central/State Govt./Public Sector Undertakings should submit their application through proper channel. They may, however, send one advance copy of the application along with requisite enclosures.
4. Incomplete, illegible, unsigned applications or without demand draft of requisite amount are liable to be rejected.
5. The candidates applying should ensure that they fulfill all eligibility conditions. Their admission at all the stages of the Interview will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. Mere issue of admit card cum call letter for Interview to the candidate will not imply that his/her candidature has been finally cleared by SJVN for Interview. SJVN will take up verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents at the time of Personal Interview and if the factual details are found incorrect, the candidate will not be allowed to appear in the Interview/Selection Process.
6. In case it is detected at any stage that a candidate does not fulfill the eligibility criteria, his/her candidature shall be rejected/ cancelled without assigning any reason, thereof. Similarly, even after joining, if it is found that he/she has furnished any incorrect information or suppressed any material information, his/her services shall be summarily terminated.
7. The decision of the SJVN as to the eligibility or otherwise of a candidate for interview shall be final.
8. The candidates called for the interview will be reimbursed return single to & fro Economy Class Air Fare by shortest route as per the rules of the Nigam.
9. The management reserves the right to increase/decrease the number of posts or consider candidates for higher/lower post or not to fill up any of the posts or raise the minimum eligibility standards / or relax age / experience or any other criteria in otherwise suitable cases and also cancel candidature of any candidate / or cancel recruitment process without assigning any reason. Mere fulfilling the eligibility criteria will not entitle the applicant to be considered for selection process.
10. Only Indian Nationals need apply.
11. Applications received after the closing date shall neither be entertained nor returned.
12. SJVN will not be responsible for any postal delay/loss in transit in submission of application within the specified time.
13. Any legal proceedings in respect of any matter of claim or dispute arising out of this advertisement and/or an application in response thereto can be instituted only in Shimla and courts/tribunals/forums at Shimla only shall have sole and exclusive jurisdiction to try any such cause/dispute.
1. Candidates to ensure their eligibility before applying:
The candidates should ensure that they fulfil all eligibility conditions. Their candidature at all the stages will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions.
Mere issue of Interview call letter will not imply that his/her candidature has been finally cleared by SJVN.
SJVN will take up verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents only at the stage of Interview.
2. The candidates must ensure that completed applications are sent only by post well in advance so as to avoid rejection on account of late receipt.
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Candidates must apply in the Common Application Format devised by SJVN.
2. Applications in the prescribed format along with attested copies of testimonials in support of Age, Caste, Education, Experience etc. and non-refundable Demand Draft of Rs. 150/- (SC/ST and PH exempted) drawn in favour of Satluj Jal Vidyut Nigam Limited payable at Shimla, should be sent only by post to the Dy. General Manager (HR), Recruitment Cell, Satluj Jal Vidyut Nigam Limited, Himfed Building, New Shimla – 171 009 (HP). The ‘Advt. No.’ ‘Category’ and the ‘Post Applied For’ should be mentioned on the envelope so as to reach on or before the closing date.
3. Candidates should clearly note that the SJVN will in no case be responsible for any incomplete application, non-receipt of their application or any delay in receipt thereof on any account whatsoever. No application received after the prescribed closing date will be entertained under any circumstances and all such applications will be summarily rejected. They should therefore, ensure that their applications reach SJVN office on or before the prescribed closing date.
INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATES
1. Candidates should send their applications only in the prescribed format downloaded from our website www.sjvn.nic.in
2. Candidates should ensure that they have filled the applications complete in all respects neatly and legibly.
3. Envelope containing the application should be clearly super-scribed with Post Applied For; Advertisement No.; Category
4. Candidates should ensure that their applications reach the office on or before the closing date.
5. Candidates must ensure that they enclose the copies of all the required documents related to educational qualification, date of birth, Experience, copy of certificate belonging to SC /ST /OBC-non creamy layer, etc. along with their application